Anti-Spam Policy for Guitar Jamz Inc
Guitar Jamz Inc is committed to permission-based email marketing practices, and as a result has established this no-tolerance Anti-Spam Policy. Guitar Jamz Inc will occasionally update this Anti-Spam Policy. When it does, Guitar Jamz Inc will also revise the “last update” date at the top of this Anti-Spam Policy. For changes to this policy, Guitar Jamz Inc will notify you (the customer) by placing a notice on its web site home page.
What is Spam?
Spam is commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, including “junk mail”, which has not been requested by the recipient. It is intrusive and often irrelevant or offensive, and it wastes valuable resources. Spam messages are the opposite of permission-based email, which are normally anticipated, personal, relevant and/or associated with a pre-existing business or personal relationship. Inappropriate newsgroup activities, consisting of excessive posting of the same materials to several newsgroups, are also deemed to be spam.
How Guitar Jamz Inc Helps You to Avoid Spamming
Guitar Jamz Inc has developed its Internet marketing tools to incorporate a strict permission-based philosophy. This anti-spam philosophy is implemented through the following:
- Unsubscription – Each email created using Guitar Jamz Inc products contains an “unsubscribe link”. If your web site visitors use the link to request that they be unsubscribed, your subscriber lists will automatically be adjusted to eliminate the prospect of sending unwanted email to such persons. Additionally, each person on your subscriber list has the option of unsubscribing through a web-based method provided on the Guitar Jamz Inc web site. Customers of Guitar Jamz Inc who try to remove the unsubscribe link will be warned that they are doing so, and if they persist in having the link removed or deactivated in any way, then Guitar Jamz Inc will have the right to terminate their account.
- Purchased Mailing Lists – Mass mailings to purchased email lists are not allowed. Guitar Jamz Inc only allows opt-in mailing lists. Purchased or inherited lists are by definition not opt-in. Similarly, you cannot use an email list relating to particular subject matter, and then use it for an unrelated topic.
Laws Restricting Spam
Spam laws vary from state to state, and from country to country. This Guitar Jamz Inc Anti-Spam Policy has been developed to conform to the highest commercially reasonable standards. As a result, and without limiting the general prohibitions against all spam activities, the following are expressly prohibited:
- Use of false headers, or other false information, to identify the point of origin or the transmission path of the email, or to hide the true origin of the email sender,
- Unauthorized use of a third party’s internet domain name without the permission of such third party, to make it appear that the third party was the point of origin of the email
- Use of any false or misleading information in the subject line of the email, and
- Assisting any person in using the products or services of Guitar Jamz Inc for any of these previously mentioned activities.
Questions to Ask Yourself
To help in establishing whether you are participating in activities constituting spam, ask yourself the following questions:
- Are you sending email to non-specific addresses, such as [email protected] or [email protected]?
- Have you deliberately falsified your transmission path information or originating address?
- Are you sending email to mailing lists or distribution lists, which then send indirectly to various other email addresses?
- Have you imported for use a purchased list of any type?
- Are you continuing to mail to anyone who has asked to be deleted from your mailing list?
- Does your email not provide a fully functioning link to unsubscribe?
- Does you email subject line contain false or misleading information?
- Have you used a third party’s email address or domain name without the party’s consent?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you are likely involved in spam activities, and should contact Guitar Jamz Inc customer support service at email@example.com.
Measures to Enforce the Anti-Spam Policy
Any Guitar Jamz Inc customer found to be using Guitar Jamz Inc products or services for spamming purposes may, at Guitar Jamz Inc’s discretion, be immediately cut off from use of all Guitar Jamz Inc products and services and/or fined US$ 1,000 per occurrence, with no refund of fees that have been paid.
Guitar Jamz Inc warns all of its customers when signing up that if they participate in spamming activities they will be subject to the loss of Guitar Jamz Inc services, fines and possible legal action.
Guitar Jamz Inc has the right to actively review its customers’ subscriber lists and email for suspiciously large broadcasts. If Guitar Jamz Inc finds any customers to be spamming, it will issue a warning, and if the activities are serious enough, Guitar Jamz Inc will take action immediately. If Guitar Jamz Inc has any reason to believe that the customer, despite warning being given, threatens to or is continuing to send spam, then Guitar Jamz Inc may take action immediately, including disabling the customer’s account and/or reporting the customer and the incident to the proper authorities.
Guitar Jamz Inc does not attempt to censor any content, nor to curtail the business of its customers. However, spam activities do not fall within uses authorized by Guitar Jamz Inc, and will not be tolerated.
If you believe that you have received spam from or through Guitar Jamz Inc’s facilities, please send a complaint from your email account along with the unsolicited email, with completed header, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide any other information that you believe may help us in our investigation. Guitar Jamz Inc does not investigate or take any action based on “anonymous” spam complaints.
False Spam Complaints
Guitar Jamz Inc supports the efforts of various organizations working to responsibly eliminate spam activities. However, if an individual has opted-in to receive email from a customer of Guitar Jamz Inc, and then falsely or maliciously files a spam complaint against Guitar Jamz Inc or its customers, Guitar Jamz Inc will cooperate fully with the appropriate agencies to ban the complainant from use of anti-spam software and the Internet community.